Happy Friday to all of our guests and fans of Zoëtry® Resorts and Spas!
When you stay at Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya, wellness and serenity are all a part of your experience. There are plenty of activities and amenities that will guide you to stay balanced on your relaxing getaway!
Keep reading to see some of the great ways to stay balanced:
At Zoëtry Wellness Spas & Resorts, we are well aware of the many benefits of yoga and encourage our guests to give it a try during their stay. Most people are aware that yoga reduces stress, improves posture and increases flexibility; however there are special added benefits gained from doing yoga on the beach! Here’s our reasons why you should try beach yoga at Zoëtry Wellness Spas & Resorts.
- Sunlight: When exposed to natural sunlight, the body’s production of Vitamin D is increased while symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder are decreased. Vitamin D is vital for calcium absorption and is also known to support the immune system and lower cancer rates. Sunshine also increases the hormone serotonin, which is connected with happiness.
- Natural Beauty: Being surrounded by a beautiful natural environment can truly do wonders for your mood! Doing yoga outdoors allows you to feel increasingly connected with your inner self and the world around you.
- Sand: When you do yoga on the sand, the uneven surface helps to work secondary muscles that aren’t typically used in day to day life or even regular yoga. Plus, nothing feels better than soft sand on bare toes!
- Sea air: Sea air is incredibly beneficial to both the inside and outside of the human body. Sea air contains miniscule droplets of sea water enriched with various elements and minerals that stimulate the immune system, skin and respiratory system. The fresh air at Zoetry Resorts & Spas is also free from harmful man-made fumes and particles.
- Ocean: Research has shown that the sound of waves can change wave patterns in the brain which lulls you in to a more relaxed state. And lastly, what could be a better way to end a work-out than jumping in to the warm tropical sea?
Craving some beach yoga now? Book your stay with Zoetry Wellness Resorts & Spas to enjoy all these health benefits and more!
If you book your Ticket to Luxury by April 28, 2014 and enjoy a $200 air credit when you stay for 4 nights or a $350 air credit when you stay for 7 nights, plus up to $400 in resort coupons on your spring or summer vacation!
Yoga is a tradition that has been practiced for more than 5,000 years, so it isn’t surprising that the practice has many different health benefits. Today, the western exercise known as “yoga” usually means the repetition of asanas or poses that are part of an age-old religious practice detailed in the Yoga Sutras. This Western version of Yoga gives its practitioners a multitude of health benefits both physically and mentally. Below are our top health benefits of yoga and why you should consider beginning your practice with one of our professionals during your stay at Zoetry Wellness & Spa Resorts.
1) Yoga increases flexibility: You can improve flexibility at any age and studies show yoga can improve flexibility 35% in just eight weeks.
2) Yoga increases strength: Holding poses during a yoga session increases strength and endurance – especially in core muscles.
3) Yoga improves posture: Increased strength and flexibility combined with a heightened awareness of your body leads to better posture.
4) Yoga improves breathing: The deep breathing that goes in conjunction with holding and changing poses increases lung capacity.
5) Yoga improves the heart’s functions: Yoga lowers blood pressure and slows heart rate, reducing stress on the vital organ.
6) Yoga improves the ability to concentrate and boosts the mood: Scientists suspect these improvements might come from increased oxygen flow to the brain.
7) Yoga decreases stress levels and encourages a calm nature: Yoga lowers levels of stress hormones and includes exercises to help slow a person’s mind chatter.
Yoga is a great exercise because there are so many different poses and it can be a good exercise for every fitness level. When beginning a yoga program, remember to always listen to your body – yoga should never hurt. You should also make sure to begin under the supervision of a professional. This way, you can be sure to keep the correct positions without getting hurt and have the breathing guidance to reap the most benefits from each session.