The Art of Life philosophy is not complete without Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana’s world fusion gourmet dining featuring organic and traditional ingredients. Chefs from the resort’s restaurants, Amaya, Indigo and Maroon, use native ingredients to enhance the dining experience. Passion fruit, or Chinola as it is called in Dominican Republic, is a popular native fruit that is delicious and healthy. It is loaded with vitamin A and C, antioxidants, potassium and fiber.
This tropical fruit is the size of a tennis ball and has pink, purple or yellow-green skin. Dominican Republic’s native passion fruit are commonly yellow. Inside the think skin is pulp with countless small dark seeds. The crunchy seeds of the fruit are very vital sources of fiber. The pulp is a light-yellow or orange color and has a strong sweet fragrant. Passion fruit can be enjoyed by itsself or used in a favorite recipe.
Similar to Zoëtry Agua’s philosophy, these fruits aid in the overall relaxation of the body. It has been proven to help you enjoy a restful and sound sleep when taken before bedtime. Passion fruit can also help you power through your morning yoga session or afternoon tennis game because it is high in carbohydrates and simple sugars which both improve athletic performance. Enjoy passion fruit while you are staying at Zoëtry Agua or try the simple recipe below with passion fruit as the star ingredient.
Passion Fruit Tropical Fruit Salad
•Pulp from 1 passion fruit (or canned pulp)
•2 tsp of honey
•1 cup of natural yogurt
•½ a rock melon, sliced and skin removed
•¼ pineapple, sliced
•1 mango, cut and cubed
•1 kiwi fruit, halved
1. Cut the mango as shown.
2. Arrange the fruit on serving plates.
3. In a small bowl, whip the yogurt to give it a smooth consistency. Add the honey and stir well.
4. Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the pulp and liquid. (If using canned passion fruit just open and scoop out)
5. Add it to the yogurt and stir well.
6. Serve the fruit with a side of yogurt for dipping or drizzling and enjoy!
At Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts, we pride ourselves on serving delicious food and beverages prepared from the finest organic and traditional ingredients. Our organically infused tequila is always a hit among our guests, so we’ve decided to share one of our recipes. This simple, yet delicious recipe is the perfect addition to any party and is sure to impress your guests. Just remember to plan ahead, because the infusion takes 2-3 weeks.
Strawberry Infused Tequila
- 1 Bottle of Jose Cuervo Silver
- 1 quart organic strawberries, finely chopped
- Large jar or pitcher with a lid
- Place chopped strawberries in jar. Crush to release juices, then pour in tequila. Seal the jar or pitcher tightly, and allow to stand for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Strain the tequila and discard the chopped strawberries.
- Serve at room temperature, over ice or add club soda with a squeeze of lime for a healthy, yet refreshing cocktail. You can even get creative by making an infused strawberry margarita!
For those of you haven’t heard already, we had the pleasure of welcoming Chef Art Smith, Oprah’s former chef and owner of Table Fifty-Two, to Zoëtry Casa del Mar a few weeks ago. During his stay, Art shared his incredible cooking talents with our guests in several beachside cooking classes featuring some of Oprah’s favorite recipes.
We’ve decided to let you in on a little secret and share Art’s recipe for Oprah’s favorite macaroni & cheese!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups mixed shredded semihard cheeses , such as Mimolette, aged Gouda, and Vella dry jack (1/2 pound)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Preheat the broiler. In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente; drain well.
Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in the flour until a paste forms. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Bring the sauce to a boil over moderately high heat, whisking, until thickened. Off the heat, stir in the mixed shredded cheeses until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the macaroni to the hot cheese sauce and stir to coat; transfer to a 9-by-13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish and sprinkle on the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes, until richly browned. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
As part of our Endless Privileges® at Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana, we offer a daily afternoon tea time featuring real live plants for tea infusions. Our delicious tea recipes are highly sought after by our guests, so we’ve decided to take to our blog to share one of our favorite recipes. Now you can enjoy our Jasmine Tea at our resort or in the comfort of your own home. Follow our simple and easy recipe next time you have company, and we guarantee you will WOW your guests with this delicious refreshment!
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons jasmine pearls
- 1 1/4 cups Simple Syrup
- 3 cups fresh tangerine juice, strained (from 8 to 10 tangerines)
- Bring water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, add jasmine pearls, and infuse for 2 1/2 minutes. Strain through a small sieve into a pitcher. Discard pearls. Let cool.
- Add syrup and tangerine juice to pitcher. Divide the tea among ice-filled glasses. (Or cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.)