At Zoëtry® Wellness & Spa Resorts, we take #WellnessWednesday very seriously. From group yoga sessions on our lush resort grounds, to private sessions for you and your friends or family, it’s important we help you find your inner serenity while vacationing with us in paradise.
Keep reading as we take a look at some of our favorite yoga photographs from Zoëtry guests who used yoga to relax on their getaway.
Autumn has begun and we are thrilled for the fall harvest. Pumpkins are one of our favorite fall crops to incorporate into our recipes! Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya has discovered the many health benefits of pumpkin. We would like to share these benefits along with a delicious recipe that is a twist on a favorite Mexican dish, empanadas. With the Art of Life® as the philosophy at our resort, we take pride in our culinary arts.
Pumpkin is good for you inside and out. The nutrients include many antioxidants that help build your immune system helping you stay healthy. Antioxidants, vitamins A and C are also packed into pumpkin making it very beneficial for your skin by reducing the signs of aging.
Beta carotene is also infused in pumpkins and there is research proving that a diet rich in beta carotene helps prevent certain cancers. High levels of potassium, zinc and fiber are other healthy bonuses to eating recipes that include pumpkin.
We hope you enjoy the following recipe for Mexican Pumpkin Empanadas! It is a seasonal twist on a traditional dish. If you just can’t wait to try what our talented chefs are preparing in the kitchen then book your stay now at Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 cups canned pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, 1/3 cup of sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt together. Cut the shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs; stir the water in, about 2 tablespoons at a time, just until you can gather the dough together. Knead the dough a few times in the bowl, and then scrape it out onto a floured surface. Cut the dough in quarters, and cut each quarter into thirds to make 12 equal portions. Roll the portions into balls. Cover the dough balls with a cloth, and allow to rest while you make the filling.
- Mix the pumpkin, 2 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves together until smooth. On a floured surface, roll each dough ball out into a thin circle about 6 inches across; spoon about 1/3 cup of filling into the center of the dough circle. Fold the dough over the filling to make a half-moon shaped pie, and crimp the edges of the crust together with a fork, leaving little fork lines in the dough. Gently lay the empanadas onto the prepared baking sheets. Brush the top of each pie with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the filling is hot and the crusts are shiny and browned
Zoëtry Casa del Mar Los Cabos is proud to offer an exclusive and revolutionary approach to achieving optimal health through a combination of innovative techniques and practices based on the proven scientific connections between the mind and body. Guests of Zoëtry Casa del Mar have the opportunity to be taken into a new world of wellness, led by Charles Wills, the founder of “The Wills Wellness System,” as he optimizes their health and enables them to lead more vibrant lives.
Check out the excerpt from a recent Trip Advisor review below for real feedback from a satisfied guest.
“Working with Charles definitely improved my life!”
Within our first meeting at the Zoëtry Casa del Mar resort, Charles started to inform me about his wellness approach and the influence on stress and the way my body reacts on it – e.g. not being able to get a good sleep. Within the three sessions we had during my stay at the Zoetry resort, Charles educated me in an enhanced breathing technique and made me familiar with other techniques in order to improve not only my sleep quality but also to gain back my energy and overall a better state of health.
If you’d like to read the full review, click here.
Many of our guests book a vacation to Zoëtry Casa del Mar to relax, rejuvenate and focus on their overall well being in a beautiful and relaxed environment. Although you can choose to spend your time lazing in the shade under a thatched beach palapa enjoying around the clock food and drink service, we also offer a variety of activities focusing on wellness if you prefer to stay active.
Zoëtry Casa del Mar offers fitness classes as part of our Endless Privileges®, including Zumba®, which is a one of the favorites among our guests! Zumba fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program. Class participants have an absolute blast moving to the music while toning their muscles and burning calories.
Take a look at a recent Zumba class in action at our resort!