Recently, Zoëtry® Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya was featured in an article on AFAR for its efforts to reduce the use of single-use plastics at the resort. Zoëtry Paraiso is proud to join many other tropical properties throughout Mexico who are dedicated to social and environmental responsibility. Read on to learn more about Zoëtry Paraiso’s commitment to the environment.
In addition to cutting down on single-use plastics, Zoëtry Paraiso is a Rainforest Alliance Certified™ property which assures our commitment to reduce the impact of our activities on the planet and local communities. Some of our green initiatives include:
- Waste recycling program for glass paper, cardboard, PET, aluminum, etc.
- Toner and batter recycling program
- Reduction in detergent consumption due to our laundry equipment replacement
- Compost elaboration program
- Pesticide free greenhouse garden for organic plants and local reforestation
- Lowering our electric consumption at peak hour with new emergency plant
- Reducing our diesel consumption by more than 50%
- Ecological tour with flora and fauna preservation
- Local flora and fauna protection as well as awareness program for guests and staff
- Annual observance of Planet Hour and Earth Day
- Supporting the Mayan community with the purchase of handmade beach bags
- Beach cleanup campaigns every 15 days
- Coral reef and sea turtle protection programs
In 2016, Zoëtry Paraiso was also recognized as a gold level property from the TripAdvisor GreenLeaders program for its eco-friendly and green practices.
At Zoëtry Resorts, we take pride in our environmentally friendly practices and invite you to join us as we strive to make your stay with us a truly memorable experience.
When you’re ready to take the plunge, check out our special offers page for tropical deals like our Instant Savings promotion going on now!
Indulge yourself in the Art of Life® at Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita, a luxurious, secluded retreat combining Endless Privileges® with holistic wellness, tranquility, and romance. Perfectly situated along Cancun’s famed Riviera Maya and offering magnificent ocean views, graciously appointed suites, gourmet dining, extravagant amenities, and personalized service, this resort has been recognized as AAA Five Diamond for 16 consecutive years.