At Zoëtry Wellness Spas & Resorts, we are well aware of the many benefits of yoga and encourage our guests to give it a try during their stay. Most people are aware that yoga reduces stress, improves posture and increases flexibility; however there are special added benefits gained from doing yoga on the beach! Here’s our reasons why you should try beach yoga at Zoëtry Wellness Spas & Resorts.
- Sunlight: When exposed to natural sunlight, the body’s production of Vitamin D is increased while symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder are decreased. Vitamin D is vital for calcium absorption and is also known to support the immune system and lower cancer rates. Sunshine also increases the hormone serotonin, which is connected with happiness.
- Natural Beauty: Being surrounded by a beautiful natural environment can truly do wonders for your mood! Doing yoga outdoors allows you to feel increasingly connected with your inner self and the world around you.
- Sand: When you do yoga on the sand, the uneven surface helps to work secondary muscles that aren’t typically used in day to day life or even regular yoga. Plus, nothing feels better than soft sand on bare toes!
- Sea air: Sea air is incredibly beneficial to both the inside and outside of the human body. Sea air contains miniscule droplets of sea water enriched with various elements and minerals that stimulate the immune system, skin and respiratory system. The fresh air at Zoetry Resorts & Spas is also free from harmful man-made fumes and particles.
- Ocean: Research has shown that the sound of waves can change wave patterns in the brain which lulls you in to a more relaxed state. And lastly, what could be a better way to end a work-out than jumping in to the warm tropical sea?
Craving some beach yoga now? Book your stay with Zoetry Wellness Resorts & Spas to enjoy all these health benefits and more!
If you book your Ticket to Luxury by April 28, 2014 and enjoy a $200 air credit when you stay for 4 nights or a $350 air credit when you stay for 7 nights, plus up to $400 in resort coupons on your spring or summer vacation!