At Zoëtry Wellness Spas & Resorts, we serve up fresh seafood for our guests on a daily basis. However, you don’t have to miss the delicious food at Zoëtry once you return home! With this recipe for grilled grouper with plantains and salsa verde, we bring the taste of the Caribbean right to your dining room table.
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 under-ripe plantain
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) grouper fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup bottled green salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat a large grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Take a plantain and cut it in half, lengthwise. Slice each half crosswise into two pieces. Spray plantain pieces with cooking spray and grill four minutes on each side–or until golden and slightly soft. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Drizzle the fish with juice, then sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and minced cilantro. Grill four minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Top fish with salsa and sour cream, and serve with plantain pieces. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
What are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!