The holidays can be a joyful time, where you spend time with family and friends, attend parties, decorate the tree, shop for gifts and the list goes on. This holiday season, don’t let the long list of things to-do stress you out. There are many planning tips you can implement today to help you and your family have a stress-free holiday season.
- Get Organized! One of the most stressful things about the holiday season can be all the tasks you must complete in a short period of time. Sit down, create a list of all your tasks, and stick to it! You can also create a planner for the month of December to keep you on track.
- Set a Budget. Money is one of the biggest causes of stress throughout the year and it only intensifies during the holiday shopping rush. This year set a budget and don’t spend more than you have planned.
- Delegate the Workload. Divide and conquer your task list with your family. You don’t have to everything! This will give you the opportunity to spend more time with family and friends.
- Learn to Say “No.” It’s OK to decline a party invitation or an event that does not mean much to you.
- Sleep, Exercise, and Eat a Well-Balanced Meal. It’s important for you to keep your regular sleep schedule. Exercising is also a big stress reducer. Try attending a weekly yoga class to help alleviate the holiday rush.