The year of the Maya is here! Since December 21, 2012 marks a significant day on the Mayan Calendar– a day in which Mayans believe the world will be reborn- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya is celebrating with a month of Mayan-inspired events beginning Thanksgiving, November 22, 2012 and ending Friday, December 21, 2012.
The Maya was a very advanced culture, noted for its art and architecture, mathematical and astronomical systems and cuisine. They carved elaborate sculptures and reliefs, built sophisticated cities and temples, developed a highly accurate calendar, gazed at the stars in the observatories they constructed and utilized chocolate and corn in their food.
Zoëtry Paraiso will be hosting a full lineup of events and activities for guests to learn more about the culture while having fun. The events and activities include the following:
- Mayan Calendar Explanation – Learn the significant of Dec. 21st
- Sand Pyramid Competitions – Build replicas of the Chichen Itza
- Cooking Lessons – Prepare authentic Mayan cuisine
- Mayan Warriors Show – Be entertained with a traditional Mayan show
- Make Mayan Bracelets – Design your own bracelet to wear
- Craft Painting – Decorate your own Mayan craft to take home
- Mayan Lessons-learn the basic words of the unique language
- Stargazing Events- Discover the stars’ lineation in December
- Enjoy a special Mayan show at sister property, Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Look out for the daily Sundial newsletter at the resort for more details about the resort’s happenings! We look forward to celebrating with you soon. Book your stay today so you don’t miss out on this epic celebration.